Anyone – Online
Challenges in our lives can be unavoidable and stressful, but what can we do to support ourselves to be able to manage these challenges when they arise? Cultivating our resilience helps us to navigate our experiences and be able to ‘bounce back’ while we grow and learn.
In this online session, you’ll be introduced to the basics of what resilience is and why it is so important in our daily lives, as well as learn some ways to begin building our personal resilience.
Understanding Resilience has been created in collaboration with CMHA Kelowna’s Learning and Development team and Peer Supporters, with contributions from people with lived and learned expertise.
This session will be hosted online. To join, access to the internet or phone is needed. Instructions on how you can join will be sent once registration is completed.
What to expect:
- Community session hosted through Zoom
- 1 session, 1hr 30 minutes long
- 2 Co-facilitators running the session
- Opportunities for discussion
- Instructions on how to join sent to your email before the session begins
- No prior knowledge needed
- Define personal resilience and how it can support us through the challenges we face
- Discover ways to begin building our resiliency and recognise how we may already be practicing resilience
- Learn tools to support us to maintain resilience over time
Thursday, September 15th
START: 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm (PT)
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 1