Anyone – Online
Checking in with ourselves to recognise our emotions is harder than we often think, but is the first step in being able to regulate and process our emotions. Emotion Regulation is helpful in building and maintaining resilience as it supports us to not only acknowledge our emotions, but to also accept and process them.
In this online workshop you’ll be introduced to Emotion Regulation and how it supports resiliency, practice some Emotion Regulation techniques and discuss how we recognise, experience and perceive emotions.
This online Emotion Regulation Workshop is a supplementary session to our Understanding Resilience webinar. This is an interactive workshop and involves practicing Emotion Regulation activities along with opportunities for discussion.
The Emotion Regulation Workshop has been created in collaboration with CMHA Kelowna’s Learning and Development team and Peer Supporters, with contributions from people with lived and professional expertise.
This session will be hosted online – access to the internet or phone is needed.
What to expect:
- Online community workshop
- 1 session, 1 hr 30 mins long
- 2 Co-facilitators running the session
- Interactive activities
- Instructions on how to join sent to your email before the session begins
- We do recommend taking Understanding Resilience webinar before this workshop, but it is not a necessity.
- Recommended to have a pen and paper for the activities
- Define Emotion Regulation and how it supports building resiliency.
- Recognise different emotions and how to acknowledge them when they arise.
- Discuss emotion myths and the consequences of these.
- Take part in emotion regulation activities.
5:00 – 6:30 pm PT
START: June 9th, 2021
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 1