Family, Friends and Parents
Discover ways to empower yourself and your loved one.
This course is for people supporting a loved one with a mental health or substance use challenge. Topics include maintaining your own wellness, moving from fixing to supporting and strengthening our relationships through boundaries, awareness and reflection.
Registration is required.
What to expect:
- Classroom based
- Maximum of 14 students
- Closed course, so only those registered at the start of the course can attend
- Class discussions
- Group Work
- 3 sessions, each 2 hours long
- No required learning outside of course
- Recognise your journey of self-discovery and wellness as separate from your loved one’s.
- Identify distorted thinking patterns and healthy ways to respond.
- Discover how to cope with grief, loss and disappointment experienced in caregiving.
- Uncover ways to empower your loved one through supporting rather than fixing.
- Practice communication skills to be direct, clear, validating and empathetic.
- Understand boundaries and setting limits.
- Identify your personal strengths and those of your loved one.
- Learn ways to manage expectations.