Anyone – Online
Fear and anxiety are strong emotions that we all experience and that have a strong effect on our minds and bodies. Therefore, it’s important to understand how fear and anxiety can impact our lives and learn healthy coping skills to support our wellness.
To gain a better understanding of what drives fear and anxiety, you’ll learn about the psychological and physiological aspects, the impact of personal triggers, how to recognize when our fear and anxiety moves from manageable to unmanageable, and know we’re not alone in our fear and anxiety journey. You will leave this course feeling empowered after practicing different coping strategies so that we can be better prepared to manage the experiences life throws at us.
This is an interactive workshop and involves skill building, activities and opportunities for discussion and polls.
Fear and Anxiety: What’s it all about? has been created in collaboration with CMHA Kelowna’s Peer Supporters and Education Team with contributions from people with lived and learned expertise.
This session will be hosted online – access to the internet or phone is needed.
What to expect:
- Online community session
- 1 session, 2 hours long
- 2 Co-facilitators running the session
- Interactive activities including polls, chat boxes, discussions, and practicing coping strategies
- Instructions on how to join sent to your email before the session begins
- Recommended to have a pen and paper for the activities
- Student Resource Guide provided to supplement learning after session
- No prior knowledge needed
- Gain an understanding of what fear and anxiety are and how we may experience them.
- Become knowledgeable about the psychological and physiological aspects of anxiety.
- Discover how the impact of anxiety and fear is on a continuum
- Reduce stigma around anxiety and normalize conversations about anxiety
- Learn new skills to support us to manage anxiety
- Discuss motivating ourselves to use these coping strategies
- Empower ourselves and know we’re not alone in this journey!