Anyone – Online
At the moment it’s hard for COVID-19 not to be on our minds. Our Coping with Current Events series hopes to bring together the community during a time that is filled with the unknown, so we can learn to support ourselves and others.
With the current events, many of us understandably felt anxious, fearful, stressed and more when it began affecting us. As COVID-19 continues to impact us and bring uncertainty, many are beginning to feel a shift in our emotions. Many of us are now experiencing anger and frustration.
Our online Coping with Current Events: Navigating Anger and Frustration will discuss why we might be feeling anger and frustration more than ‘usual’ right now, how we might display these feelings and tools to express anger and frustration in an appropriate way.
Our goal is for you to leave this online session with at least one tool or piece of knowledge that you can implement right now to “reduce that squeeze” we all feel.
Coping with Current Events: Navigating Anger and Frustration has been created in collaboration with CMHA Kelowna’s Wellness Development Centre and Peer Supporters, with contributions from people with lived and professional expertise.
This session will be hosted online, so to join this access to the internet or phone is needed. Instructions on how you can join will be sent once registration is completed.
What to expect:
- Online community session
- 1 session, 1hr 30 minutes long
- 2 Co-facilitators running the session
- Opportunities for discussion
- Student Resource Guide provided to supplement learning after session
- Instructions on how to join sent to your email before the session begins
- No prior knowledge needed
- Define anger and frustration, and why we’re feeling them more right now
- Recognize when we start to feel anger and frustration
- Discover ways to manage anger and frustration in the moment
- Learn tools to support us to manage anger and frustration in the long term