Anyone – Online
With there being so much talk about the current events, for some of us, it has understandably increased our anxiety and stress. Our Coping with Current Events series hopes to bring together the community during a time of unknown and continual change, to learn and support ourselves and others.
Our online Coping with Current Events: Managing Anxiety and Stress will discuss the continued impact of the current events on our well-being, what we can do to feel a little more in control, and some options to help manage our feelings of anxiety and stress.
Our goal is for you to leave this online session with at least one tool or piece of knowledge that you can implement right now to “reduce that squeeze” we all feel.
This session will be hosted online, so to join this access to the internet or phone is needed. Instructions on how you can join will be sent once registration is completed.
What to expect:
- Online community session
- 1 session, 1hr 30 minutes long
- 2 Co-facilitators running the session
- Opportunities for discussion
- Student Resource Guide provided to supplement learning after session
- Instructions on how to join sent to your email before the session begins
- No prior knowledge needed
- Understand the difference between stress and anxiety, and how we recognize what we’re feeling and why these emotions may have increased with the current events.
- Acknowledge what is in our control and learn strategies to accept what is not.
- Discover different tools and strategies that can help us manage anxiety and stress during uncertain times, including self-care, boundaries, setting limits and the small things that make a difference.
Coping with Current Events: Managing Anxiety and Stress
12:00 – 1:30 pm
START: May 28th, 2020
NUMBER OF SESSIONS: 1