This in-person course is currently postponed.
Boundaries help separate your needs, thoughts, and feelings from those of others’. Uncover the importance of boundaries to your well-being and become confident in setting them in your life.
This course is for anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of what boundaries are and why they are essential to your personal well-being and relationships. Evaluate your boundaries and learn how to set them in your life.
This course was co-produced by Experts by Experience and Topic Experts with course content contributions from Calgary Recovery College, Interior Health and CMHA Kelowna.
Registration is required for this course.
What to expect:
- Classroom based
- Maximum of 14 students
- Closed course, so only those registered at the start of the course can attend
- Class discussions
- Group Work
- 5 sessions, each 2 hours long
- No required learning outside of course
- Understand boundaries and the ways in which they preserve and protect personal values.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current boundaries.
- Understand and apply boundary setting techniques.
- Practice methods to overcome challenges to setting boundaries.
- Apply assertive communication strategies.
- Enhance or create new healthy boundaries.